Thames Valley Police Open Day will be taking place on Saturday 18 August, celebrating 50 years since the formation of the force.
The event will be taking place at TVP’s Training Centre in Sulhamstead, Berkshire (post code RG7 4DX).
From 10am – 4pm (last entry 3.30pm), stalls will be promoting the very best of what TVP has to offer and showcasing the work that the force has carried out for the past 50 years.
Some of the highlights include:
- Arena displays, including the public order team combined with the mounted section
- Children’s fancy dress competition – come dressed in a police themed costume to be in with the chance of winning a fabulous prize
- Pat and chat with the mounted section – A chance to meet officers and their horses
- See the force helicopter and meet the pilots
- Learn about different departments
- Visit the police museum
This year there will be two entrances for visitors at South Drive and White Lodge.
Due to this, it is important that you follow the signs to the event. The roads will be busy and narrow country lanes can make it difficult to turn around if you go the wrong way.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Assistance dogs are permitted, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
On entry to the event bag searches will be taking place.
This is a free event.