HAILEY PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY FOR PARISH CLERK AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
|The role is mainly based at home, to include monthly evening meetings in Hailey|
|The post is for 10 hours per week|
|NJC salary scale for the position is LC1 SCP 13-17
Home working and mileage allowance is available
|The post requires the successful candidate to:
· Provide administrative support including functions relating to the management of Burial Grounds and Allotments.
· To advise the Council on and assist in the formation of overall policies to be followed in respect of the Council’s activities.
· To support Councillors in producing information required for effective decision making and to implement all decisions.
· As the Responsible Financial Officer, to manage all financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances including audit, budget and VAT
· Management of the PC website
· To act as Clerk to the Trustees of the Allotments for the Labouring Poor and the Joan Smith Education Charity, for both of which the Hailey Parish Council is the sole Trustee.
|The successful candidate will need:
· Accurate administrative and organisational skills
· Good communication skills
· An ability to deal with a range of issues.
· Positive attitude
· To be IT literate
· Desire to improve the community
· Ability to get on with a wide range of people
Parish clerk experience is preferred but other relevant experience will be considered.
Training is available in various aspects of the role.
|If you would like to apply for this post (or for an informal discussion) please send a CV to the Parish Clerk: –
Tel: 0781 1174733
Deadline for applications is Monday 1st November.
Interviews will be held on Monday 8th November